Sophia Thompson
Sat, Sep 9, 2023 11:35 PM

Abia State Governor Commissions Umuokomiri - Obehie Road Reconstructed by ASOPADEC

BusinessEarn Max 30 Coins💰 Get coins immediately after reading this article

Abia State Governor Commissions Umuokomiri - Obehie Road Reconstructed by ASOPADEC
The Abia State Governor, Dr. Alex Otti, has commissioned the reconstructed Umuokomiri - Obehie ring road in Ukwa West. The road, reconstructed by the Abia State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (ASOPADEC), has been completed within a short period. The Governor plans to leverage the presence of gas in Ukwa to generate electricity and also initiate a ground breaking ceremony for the Abia Innovation and Industrial Park in Owaza.

The Abia State Governor, Dr. Alex Otti, has commissioned the 1.2 kilometre Umuokomiri - Obehie ring road in Ukwa West, which has been reconstructed by the Abia State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (ASOPADEC). The road, which had been a work in progress for a long time, was finally completed within a short period under the leadership of the General Manager of ASOPADEC, Dr. Joshua Onyeike.

In his remarks during the commissioning ceremony, Governor Otti expressed his gratitude to Dr. Onyeike for his efforts and also commended him for the various water projects currently being implemented by ASOPADEC. The governor described Dr. Onyeike as a man of capacity, highlighting his ability to rapidly complete the Umuokomiri - Obehie road.

Furthermore, Governor Otti disclosed his plans to leverage the presence of gas in Ukwa to generate electricity for the people. He revealed that at the end of the month, a ground breaking ceremony would be held for the Abia Innovation and Industrial Park in Owaza. This industrial park, as outlined by the governor, would accommodate a manufacturing company, an oil and gas company, a refinery, and other concerns.

The governor emphasized that 90 percent of the funding for the project would be provided by the private sector, while the government would contribute the remaining 10 percent. He assured the availability of the funds required to establish the industrial park.

In his commitment to giving back to the people of Ukwa West, Governor Otti announced the revival of the Ogwe Golden Chicken company. This move aims to provide employment opportunities and boost the local economy.

The General Manager of ASOPADEC, in his speech, praised Governor Otti's determination to address the infrastructural deficit in the state. He expressed his belief that the newly reconstructed Umuokomiri - Obehie road would significantly improve the lives of the people and alleviate their hardship.

The completion and commissioning of the Umuokomiri - Obehie road by ASOPADEC is a significant step towards infrastructure development in Abia State. The government's focus on utilizing the gas resources in Ukwa to generate electricity demonstrates their commitment to sustainable energy solutions. The establishment of the Abia Innovation and Industrial Park has the potential to attract investments and create job opportunities, driving economic growth in the region.

The revival of the Ogwe Golden Chicken company is a testament to the government's dedication to revitalizing local industries and supporting the community. By prioritizing both infrastructure and economic development, the Abia State government under Governor Otti's leadership is working towards transforming the region into a hub of growth and prosperity.

Through strategic partnerships with the private sector, the government aims to maximize resources and ensure the successful implementation of the Abia Innovation and Industrial Park. As the state continues to prioritize the well-being of its citizens, these initiatives will contribute to improving the standard of living and creating a conducive environment for businesses to thrive.

Overall, the commissioning of the Umuokomiri - Obehie road and the plans for the Abia Innovation and Industrial Park showcase the government's commitment to infrastructure development, job creation, and sustainable economic growth. With these initiatives, Abia State is poised to attract investments, enhance productivity, and improve the quality of life for its residents.

Source of content: OOO News 2023-09-09 News

More detailed, more comprehensive, fresher news, please visit OOO NEWS.

Share content to earn coins